Ceramic & Vitrified Tiles Polishing
Ceramic & Vitrified Tiles Polishing in Gurgaon
Floors that sparkle from within do not need the spotlight. YOROOFY offers the best Ceramic & Vitrified Tiles Polishing & Cleaning Services in Gurgaon. YOROOFY has a great deal of experience in both kind of floor care beside all other marble floor maintenance.
Difference between both
One of the popular choices for floors and walls tiling in the house and office— both of the ceramic and vitrified tiles have marked distinction in their physical properties as well as physical appearance. Having said that, let’s check into the factors that differentiate them from one another:-
Ceramic Tiles: It is made up of mixture of earthen clay and water only.
Vitrified Tiles: Made with dust compression method, vitrified tiles is a mix of clay silica, feldspar and quartz- an inorganic compound found in granite rock. "Vitrified" refers to transform into the glass like substance and these minerals are mixed to give vitrified tiles a glass look.
Ceramic Tiles: It is commonly used for interior as well as exterior outdoor areas. Though, it is more often used material in interior decoration, because of the low cost.
Vitrified Tiles: It is a popular choice of use in both indoor as well as outdoor areas. But they are more extensively/preferably used in indoors, because of their aesthetic appearance.
Ceramic tiles: ceramic flooring is ideal for wet areas like kitchens, bathrooms, washing areas etc. as the tile is not very slippery and minimally withstand the water, thus less issue of formation of foamy films
Vitrified tiles: Vitrified tiles are suitable used in wet areas like kitchen, bathroom, lobby areas etc. Due to its less porosity, durability, scalability and beauty, it is one of the most suitable tile flooring for high traffic areas like public area, i.e. banks, cafes, corporate offices etc.
Ceramic Tiles: These are natural and have earthly look
Vitrified Tiles: The vitrified tiles have an artificial look in comparison to the natural look of ceramic tiles
Ceramic Tiles: Comparatively rough and external glaze is applied for the glossy look.
Vitrified Tiles: It is smooth and glossy. So it will give you an aesthetic look and it is easy to clean.
Ceramic tiles: Compared to vitrified tiles it is less durable and much more porous thus absorbs water easily.
Compared to Vitrified tiles it is not very slippery and little slippage can be treated either by adding abrasive grit to the glaze or grain to the surface. It also has low resistance to scratches.
Vitrified Tiles: compared to ceramic tiles it is not only more durable but is non porous.
It gets quite slippery when wet and is more resistant to scratches thus stain safe.
Ceramic tiles: compared to vitrified tiles, ceramic is weaker in general because it has high water ingestion on exposure to water/moisture over a long enough time- hence not appropriate where-in the tile faces direct load or where for moving heavy furniture, etc.
Vitrified tiles: Vitrified on other hand, assimilate little water , making it really stronger and perfect for high load and high traffic conditions like homes, malls and multiplexes.
Ceramic tiles: Ceramic tiles anyway fall under category of vitrified tiles which is less costly ranging from Rs.15/Square Feet to Rs.25/Square Feet or higher.
Vitrified tiles: Vitrified, On the other hand, is stronger in general with wider applications, but is costlier ranging from Rs.20/Square Feet to Rs.40/Square Feet or higher.
Conclusion: both the tiles have their set of similarities, differences, as well as pros n cons, the choice of ruling the better between the two stands on the shoulder of the buyer and the specific need to be met in particular conditions.
Why Vitrified & Ceramic Tile floors need polishing
Do you feel fresh(er) stepping into your home and office? What does your floors and walls tell you? Can you recall the actual color of your floor and wall tiles? If your answer is no, then you are in need of some serious tile cleaning and polishing
Saying that, what we mean will you get is—ample benefits in terms of aesthetics & wellness
About the Need of Tile Polishing
- Getting rid of the foul odors. Polishing of tiles takes place after thorough cleaning and scrubbing. That said the unpleasant stinky smells in areas of tile placement can be ridden off with cleaning and polishing of tiles.
- Removal of invisible germs. Tiles are mostly placed in a bathroom that’s a port on storm for microscopic germ and bacteria to grow.
- Preventing diseases and health hazards.
- Prevents development of bathroom mold: If tiles in wet areas are not cleaned regularly and thoroughly, bathroom molds starts to appear which are capable of appearing on any sort of surface—thus degrading the tiles.
- Aesthetic advantages: When Tiles countertops are scrubbed and Walls are dusted disinfected from inside and outside, it becomes like garden-fresh that will feel and smell like newly harvested – improving indoor and outdoor quality of your house that’s—clean enough to be impressive to anyone.
- Floor tiles have a certain elegance and gloss attached to them. Considering polishing them makes them amazingly durable and appears much smoother and shinier.
- Polished tiles shine for a long time
Your bathroom, toilet even kitchen area is a hot spot for germs and fungal to linger that can have a serious impact on the health and hygiene of the inhabitants to a large extent. So, if you're not sure to plunge into the feculent task of cleaning tiles in your home or office spaces, just book a case with YOROOFY and let them take care of your cleaning or move out cleaning services.
Used in about every room, bathroom or kitchen in a home, Ceramic or Vitrified Tiles, both are an excellent Option for Your Floors and Walls. However, keeping them clean and finished is even more important to have a space that will not be hygienic but artistic too.
The beauty, functionality and feasibility, however of a stone can only be sustained to designing your dream floor or wall with its proper maintenance.
So let’s understand what the benefits of Ceramic & Vitrified Tiles are and how is it advantageous to keep them up-to-date with proper polishing/cleaning.
Benefits of Ceramic Tiles & Polishing
- Much Easy installation as compared to vitrified tiles as the ceramic tiles quickly responds to the adhesives. Polishing of Ceramic Tiles is not a back-breaking task but is a crucial one as it not just cloaks the mess on porcelain looking pristine tiles but also keeps the grout in check to prevent the tile from abruptly falling out.
- From simple cleaning/polishing to optional sealing, there is no special maintenance needed for Ceramic tiles flooring
- Onetime investment is less expensive than vitrified but does not mean that the care and maintenance is price dependent. Cleaning of both tiles is all the more same in terms of procedure and pricing.
- Ceramic Wood Tiles adds value to home value having a higher resale price. With properly maintained polished tiles, it can be a value addition to homes.
- Helps decreasing energy usage (and bills) as it keeps the house cooler in summer. It even adds some insulating characteristics to residences and commercials in the winter.
Benefits of Vitrified Tiles & Polishing
- Vitrified Tiles are much stronger, smoother & shinier in comparison to ceramic tiles. Thus, there is no need to get them polished frequently or ferociously.
- Vitrified Tiles are pre-polished, thus do not require polishing on site.
- best suited for wet areas due to non-porosity as compared to ceramic tiles
- Available in comparatively large sizes and so there are less number of joints
- Easy to clean tiles can be conveniently disinfected and swept from spills. A formulated polish helps in scraping the mess from surface and getting the dirt off the grout
- Unlike Ceramic, Vitrified tiles attract dust and dust mites. Polishing Vitrified tiles when needed can lessen household allergens making the air much healthier to breathe.
Polishing can be a great benefit for those who suffer from dust-related allergies.
How polishing of Ceramic & Vitrified Tile is done
While for DIY cleaning, all you need is a
- mild detergent, club soda or white vinegar
- rag or chamois-type mop instead of sponge mop ( since it pushes dirty water and dust into grout lines)
- clean water
This DIY regime is however ideal for either not so old/ruined tiles or re-polished floors that needs no more than routine cleaning.
For turning ugly floor into a pretty one, you might need a mechanized, master cleaning that is carried in multi-step-processing for deep and unfading cleaning.
Professional Motorized Polishing
To start with, Mechanized Cleaning of Vitrified / Ceramic Tile Floors and walls, first thing would be to sweeping off dry dirt deposited on the surface using technology-based end fagged indoor sweeping brush.
For thorough cleaning of the tile inside out, a heavy duty cleaner will be applied using a damp sponge allowing it to react with surface for a few minutes.
The entire tile flooring surface will then be scrubbed, using single disc scrubbing equipment integrating with an abrasive pad— for it to thoroughly rake off all the debris and mess.
Employing a heavy duty vacuum cleaner, all the wet slurry will be removed and finally the floor will be washed.
Using a mechanized washing tool, the floor is motorized washed with water and no slurry left behind— thus delivering a crystal clear, healthier & prettier sparkling work floor.
A Water-based POLISHING CREAM which is then applied to repair scratches, scuffs, chemical aggressions, and hostility on glazed ceramics porcelain stoneware and vitrified tiles.
The labeled POLISHING CREAM is a ready-to-use product utilized by a Pro is capable of giving treated surfaces excellent resistance to dust, footfall, allowing them to particularly restoring deep aggressions while preserving their natural shine for longer.
Materials Suitable For Polishing Creams;-
- Ceramic Glazed
- Countertops – Granite, Marble
- Porcelain Lappato
- Agglomerate cement-marble
- Agglomerate resin-marble
Does every kind of Tile Floor need same treatment?
Ceramic tiles always need to be glazed to give the shine while Vitrified can be polished manually to give back it glass-like gloss.
Also Ceramic tiles lose it color on exposure to sunlight whereas there is no impact of any UV rays on Vitrified tiles.
Thus Polishing product helps easy and quick restoration and augmentation of the sparkle on a surface when it’s decreased or affected by wear, exposure, load or traffic.
However, what treatment does your floor tile requires certainly depends upon
- Kind of composition of tile
- Intensity of aggression, mess, foot traffic it is dealing with
- What you expect your tile to be/look ultimately
What to take care before and after treatment?
Our cleaning and maintenance expert advices on How should you clean your tile floor?
- Don’t let the spills, scratch, etch or dust get comfortable
- Using manufacturer-recommended cleaning product to improve tile's natural color, texture and sparkle
- Cleaning of spills or dust is easy enough with warm, non-cloudy water, cloth or mop, and a mild household detergent (spot test before use and/or get suggestions from tile manufacturer)
- Regularly vacuum clean (make sure not metal attachments contact with tile) your kitchen, bathroom, or entryway, tile floors. It quickly sweeps dirt and debris before it can become deep-seated in the grout or tile.
- Preserve both your tile and grout, sealing it right after you have installed your tile to prevent it from exposure to the elements that can make it discolored and dingy.
- To clean grout that’s become dirty grimy, use a mix of hydrogen peroxide and water in equal parts. Apply it with a toothbrush to sweep the stains for low-maintenance beauty.
- Instead of restricting everyone toughing or walking on floor, instantly clean up spills or tracks that can react with the surface.
Frequency for Vitrified & Ceramic Tile Floor Polishing
How often you should polish your tile floors is entirely dependent on its
- Aggressions and wear
- Traffic it handles and Time the floor has been in place
Most ceramic surfaces need polishing every 5 to 20 years. Polished ceramic can be optionally sealed to protect it from aggressions and/or spills that can penetrate in the stone. It also reduces the need of early re-polishing and scrubbing, thus extending the life span of your tiles.
However, experts recommend doing this about twice a year being it a bit glassy, though your tile manufacturer may suggest a different scrubbing and sealing schedule.
Polishing for Countertops, Verticles etc
Products like water-based Topical Polish/Shine Producer or Grout Removal can be used to a "polished" countertop, verticles and backsplashes installed with glazed and polished tiles in kitchen, bathroom in order to illuminate the shine.